Friday, May 2, 2008

Crash Printing!

I was so excited after class on Thursday, I just had to blog about it. My experience with crash printing was great! I left class with ink dyed hands and a smile on my face. The images included are simple cell phone images and I apologize for the quality, I will update as soon as I am able. Laid out are the prints I made with the headline "Type SET!, Press" and "Ready, SET!, Press" which is a contradiction to the amount of time the prints actually take to create.



It took quite awhile for things to come together, what with non-type-high pieces that are older than I am. In order to make things sit at the right levels, I first tried using strips of leading underneath the pieces and that was even too much. So, from there, I used only two strips of masking tape which worked really well. Also, when I realized I wasn't pulling the arm back far enough on the Ostrander press, things worked even more effectively. It's over 100 years old, naturally I will be a little tentative.

Again, I will add more images once they are available, I was just too excited!

No comments: