Sunday, April 20, 2008

Assignment 04: Letterpress


For this project we were assigned to create a design utilizing two polymer plates to be used on the Vandercook press. We were each given a prefix to the idea of "-made." I receive the word "ready." From here, I came up with the idea that something that is ready-made is perfect upon creation and does not need outside assistance. Nature and children stuck out to me the most. After sketching, I decided to peruse the child idea. 

A child with its innocence and wonder is essentially ready-made. As a child plays, or finger-paints, he or she is completely open to the work and it is pure and utterly perfect in the feeling put in.
I image put here are possible color choices to 
use on the press. The design itself, is a splotch of paint with the word "ready" scratched in as if a child had done it. Also, the dominant "ready" written over top will be used if the scratched word is not readable.


1 comment:

Tessa said...

I'm really excited to crash print with these! I think hand inking it or double inking the rollers will give you an awesome output.